Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Chama Engine House and Shop

January 28, 2001 08:37PM
Frank,
The Chama info came from some D&RGW accounting books. (Have been collecting D&RGW / D&SL items: train orders, timetables, slides, prints, station records, paper work, and so on, for about 30 years)I used to open up the collection, but a few folks made me lose faith in the railfan community: one guy got a bunch of paper work and train orders, never returned them--always had a reason for not getting them back. He had the nerve to say that my name wasn't on them so how could I prove that they were mine......Another chap got some slides, prints ,and paper work, he did a published work and took credit for everything.
Then the last straw was a couple of local fans stated that if you don't have published works that your info is suspect and that if you have Railroad items that they must be made available for everyone.......Well nuts to that! I have no desire to ever write a book, nor do I have the time. A tip of my hat to the guys that do write the books, and post pictures on the net.
Sharing info on the web sites has been fun,and I'd be glad to post some more info on Chama if there is some intrest.
John
Subject Author Posted

Chama Engine House and Shop

John Templeton January 26, 2001 10:48AM

Frank Martindell January 28, 2001 01:22PM

John Templeton January 28, 2001 08:37PM

AL P. January 29, 2001 04:05PM

Dave Dye January 29, 2001 10:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.