Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 100 years ago on the SVRy

September 15, 2006 09:47AM
That is a good question Matt of which I have no idea at present. There might be some old timer around that would remember. It would be a good question for Casey Carlson to ask Elvin Endicott who is one of the few surviving OLC engineers. There is also a member of the Raines family in Prarrie City that worked on the SVRy section crew out of Austin from about 39-41 I believe that might remember something. Many members of the Raines family worked for SVRy and OLC. I believe he started on the section crew at age 15 or 16. The AFE's that come after the one dealing with the depot retirement concern building the wye at Tipton. They also indicate that the depot track/team track was also relaid with heavier rail, so I doubt that the depot interfered with placement of the wye as it appears that the wye may have actually come off of this siding, the depot siitting between the siding and main. The switch locatons for the siding are evident on the main, but the locaton of the switches off of the siding for the wye is probably under the Hwy. The track layout at Tipton before the wye had a team track/siding running behind the depot which connected to main west of the east baloon track switch and the other end connected west of the west baloon track sw on the main. Sorry this is so long and yet lacking an answer.
Subject Author Posted

100 years ago on the SVRy

J.B.Bane September 14, 2006 07:38PM

Matthew Mattioda September 14, 2006 11:13PM

J.B.Bane September 15, 2006 09:47AM

J.B.Bane October 05, 2006 01:38PM

That's Sumpter Valley Railway ! *NM*

Jerry October 05, 2006 08:07PM

Matthew Mattioda October 06, 2006 12:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.