Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NNG: American Heritage Railways & the TSRR *LINK*

August 16, 2006 09:15AM
I don't believe it either but a post on Railspot got me searching for an newspaper artical saying that American Heritage Railways (the same company that runs the Durango & Silverton) has interest in buying the Texas State Railroad. The origional post said it was in the City of Tyler's newpaper but I didn't find it there, so a Google search put me on the Jacksonville Daily Progress website where I found the story. It is in an artical called "The Fate of the Neches." It is about 3/4 of the way down, a link for the artical is below.
Here is a small quote from the newpaper (I hope I can do this):
"Unless money is allocated from elsewhere to cover its costs, the TSRR will either close down on Dec. 31, 2006 and become a stationary museum, or will be bought out by another railroad that will keep it operational. Mark Price, operations manager of the TSRR, confirmed that American Heritage Railways, who operates historic railroads like the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad and the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad, has expressed interest in buying out the TSRR." - Jacksonville Daily Progress
Subject Author Posted

NNG: American Heritage Railways & the TSRR *LINK*

Brian Jansky August 16, 2006 09:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.