Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: aka drgwk37

August 16, 2006 09:20AM
I like the one where the engine is about out of the trestle, but I don't like the dead tree on the right. Thats because if you are trying to get the colors, they are probably going to be the trees behind the trestle on the left(aspens).
Therefore I would suggest shooting a little more
head on and have the trestle and train off-center stlightly toward the right and have all those nice colors behind it accent everything making up a little more than half the scene.
I wonder if there is a way to get close enough and high enough to see the water as well as the front of the train, and the colors.
One real nice spot for colors is a bit of a walk though. I like the spot between Lobato Trestle and Dalton, where after crossing the trestle the train makes that nice loop through all the aspen trees then comes out of the trees as it climbs toward Dalton, and you can see the trestle in the background from up on the hillside.
Problem with the C&TS is the colors are different due to the elevation changes. I think the peak really lasts about 2 weeks, cause they peak in different elevations. When they peak at Lobato, that means they are probably past peak at Cumbres, Coxo, Los Pinos, etc. I was out there for some good colors in 1985. Cresco was a good shot then, before the new driveway was in. Nice background colors on the hillside behind the highway.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

Steam Train - Trestle - Series (Photos)

roger hogan August 15, 2006 04:21PM

Re: Steam Train - Trestle - Series (Photos)

William Reed August 15, 2006 05:02PM

aka drgwk37

roger hogan August 15, 2006 05:09PM

William Reed August 15, 2006 06:12PM

Greg Scholl August 16, 2006 09:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.