Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Visiting LCHSS on Labor Day *LINK*

August 07, 2006 12:38PM
Hello, Stuart,
Thanks for the message. The fellow you need to contact at LCHSS is John Harbeck. He's one of the main guys at LCHSS. Look-up Ted Rita, too. Both John and Ted are nice guys. If you send contact information for yourself to me at schultzestate@yahoo.com, I'll be happy to forward your contact information to John Harbeck.
You should know that in addition to the 2' and 3' gauge steam locomotives, LCHSS also operates several scale live-steam locomotives. Some of these smaller locomotives have been rescued from amusement parks, while others are operated by private owners who operate them about the grounds.
Do you need directions to Hesston, Indiana? You can find a small map on the LCHSS website. Drop me a note if you need more detailed directions.
Should you care to spend more than one day at the museum, the motels closest to Hesston are in New Buffalo, Michigan. Overnight camping is available at LCHSS.
New Buffalo is an interesting small town, with lots of good restaurants, and a picturesque harbor area. For a great hamburger, try Redamaks (http://www.redamaks.com/), located on the east side of New Buffalo at 616 East Buffalo Street. Recommended.
Thomas Schultz
Shingle Springs, California
Subject Author Posted

Re-Dedication of New Mexico Lumber Co. 7 at LCHSS *LINK*

Thomas Schultz August 06, 2006 08:25AM

Re: Re-Dedication of New Mexico Lumber Co. 7 at LC

stuart olson August 07, 2006 11:37AM

Visiting LCHSS on Labor Day *LINK*

Thomas Schultz August 07, 2006 12:38PM

Re: Visiting LCHSS on Labor Day

Mark Fuller August 07, 2006 12:56PM

Re: Dirty, Greasy and Smilin'

Steve Gilbert August 07, 2006 11:36PM

stuart olson August 08, 2006 10:29AM

Steve Gilbert August 08, 2006 12:13PM

Taylor Rush August 07, 2006 10:08PM

John Harbeck August 08, 2006 02:43AM

Taylor Rush August 08, 2006 06:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.