Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Riding the Silverton

July 01, 2006 07:30AM
If I pony up the $1,000 for a cab ride, which I might, what should I expect beside cinders?
• How much should I tip the crew for putting up with my incessant questions?
• Does the thousand bucks rent me a place to sit (perhaps a metal folding chair) or must I stand all the way or do the fireman and I share a seat?
• Will the crew talk to me or will they be mad at the world in general and/or mad at me in particular for being there and just choose to ignore me?
• Or will the crew be glad I am there and go out of their way to tell me what is going on and why and still answer more questions than they ever thought could be asked?
• Is there really room in the cab for the crew and a largeass observer that will ask more questions than the law allows?
• Where do I get out of the way while the fireman puts in a fire or cleans up the cab?
• How much fun will it really be?
I am of the opinion that the thousand dollar ticket is not really all that high considering that this is a serious working environment. An observer should pay a largeass premium for such an opportunity after all education does not come cheap and neither does really good entertainment and hopefully the railroad will provide extra pay to the crew for their tolerance and inconveniences.
~Hoss
Subject Author Posted

Riding the Silverton

Hoss The Wideload July 01, 2006 07:30AM

Riding the Silverton

Rich Muth July 01, 2006 07:43AM

Re: Riding the Silverton

John Craft July 01, 2006 08:03AM

Sammy D July 01, 2006 10:03AM

Ron Welch July 01, 2006 07:22PM

Philip H. Walters July 01, 2006 07:39PM

Mark Springer July 02, 2006 08:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.