Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Warning - NNG and Diesel content *PIC*

June 17, 2006 05:32PM
Jerry, your comments on riding the caboose on beet trains reminded me of an usual event on the GW in the fall of '82. As I remember things, some folks put together a "photo freight" without the then upper management knowing much (if anything) about it.
We left Loveland with a string of tank cars and three cabooses, dropped the tank cars off on the UP interchange by the old Eaton factory, picked up 2 gons, went back to the junction and then visited Johnstown before returning to Loveland.
I rode in the cab with my then 3-month old son from Eaton to Johnstown. My how things've changed. The line from Windsor to Eaton is long gone, and I can't imagine there're too many cab rides anymore, especially not with 3-month old infants.
The pic here is at the fill south of Windsor. I did a quick "grab shot" as the train backed down to drop off two of the cabooses for "railfan approved" runbys. Funny how the non-railfan grab shot with all three cabooses is the one I now value most.
Oh, as I recall management had a fit when they found out about the event, and nothing like this ever happened again.
With apologies for the nng content, but a smile at the memory nevertheless. I look forward to reading your article.
Scott
Subject Author Posted

Not NG...but Colorado

Jerry Day June 17, 2006 12:36PM

Re: Not NG...but Colorado *LINK* *PIC*

John Craft June 17, 2006 01:21PM

Re: One Other Thought

John Craft June 17, 2006 01:24PM

Re: Not NG...but Colorado

Jerry Day June 17, 2006 02:04PM

Re: Warning - NNG and Diesel content *PIC*

Scott Turner June 17, 2006 05:32PM

Re: Warning - NNG and Diesel content

Tim Schreiner June 17, 2006 07:40PM

Re: Warning - NNG and Diesel content

Jerry Day June 17, 2006 07:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.