Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sumpter Area

May 25, 2006 08:01AM
In Sumpter there is also the Scoop-n-Steamer Deli and cabins. Owner Annie Allison has 4 log cabins. One cabin has two beds, one bed in a seperate room. Plus the Sumpter Bed and Breakfast in the old hospital. Renovated a few years ago, the owners are a great couple. Both of these accomodations are in the range of $70 and up. Make reservations for these places. In Sumpter I agree with Martin that Borello's is good Italian food, and the Scoop-n-Steamer has breakfast and lunch and now stays open for dinner.
In Baker City the Bridge St. Inn and the Oregon Trail Motels are in the $40+ range, and located near Hwy 7 on the South side of town. Also near by is the Oregon Trail Restaurant. They have good breakfast at a very reasonable price. There are several more motels near I84 that are more expensive. The Sumpter Junction Restaurant has good food and an interesting collection of train models and a continuosly operating G gauge train throught the restaurant. The historic Geiser Grand Hotel in downtown Baker City is very nice, but quite expensive. Baker City has a wide selection of restaurants. I like Barley Brown's Brew Pub for a great evening meal.
The new Sumpter Depot is within walking distance of just about anywhere in Sumpter, a very small community. Baker City is 22 miles from McEwen, where the headquarters and shops of the SVRy are located.
Hope this helps.
dan
Subject Author Posted

Sumpter Area

Everett Lueck May 25, 2006 05:19AM

Re: Sumpter Area *PIC*

Loggerhogger May 25, 2006 07:00AM

Herb Kelsey May 25, 2006 04:59PM

dan May 25, 2006 05:40PM

Rex Sherwood May 25, 2006 09:08PM

Dan Denham May 25, 2006 08:01AM

elueck May 25, 2006 01:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.