Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Outfit car data-John Templeton?

May 23, 2006 10:15AM
Thanks John! I really do appreciate the data. That certainly does help a lot...provides some car numbers I was unaware of...also adds to my confusion, but that appears to be due to the D&RGW's record keeping. The good news is that I'm seeing some of the partial car numbers that I found show up in this list as later retirements...the 04907 for instance. A lot still not matching up though...arg.
I notice that most of the 4400's and 4500's are not listed. Is there no data for those groups? I also still notice some gaps, like the 04953...was that car carried on another account until it was retired? Were all of the 4000 series cars accounted for in this manner with retirements, even the non-outfit cars? And, do you know if the actual car types were recorded anywhere? I wonder about this because it might help with some ID's. This year I found a car that looks like it was lettered "Commisary", but the number was pretty sketchy...049X5 or 040X5 most likely, but it was pretty faded. Had the grey paint, so it must have had a later retirement
It seems kind of funny how cars were switched back and forther between revenue and non-revenue, like the 04545. I can see the tool cars being swtiched easily, since they looked like regular boxes, but some of the others that had windows, bunks and all that it's a little harder to understand why the D&RGW would do that.
Anyway, thanks again. I apologize if I'm asking too much, it's just that you've always got such great stuff that you post!
Subject Author Posted

Outfit car data-John Templeton?

Grant Houston May 21, 2006 07:25PM

John Templeton Chama Station Agent May 23, 2006 08:37AM

Grant Houston May 23, 2006 10:15AM

John Templeton Chama Station Agent May 25, 2006 07:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.