Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Outfit car data-John Templeton?

May 21, 2006 07:25PM
I was going back through the posting that John made several months back about the 4900 series outfit cars, and it got me to thinking about how many of the cars there are no photos that are published, (roughly 50 of them by my count) and of how many unidentified outfit cars I've found in the San Luis Valley. Some I've got partial numbers to, and others just photos that have to be matched to known cars.
I guess I'm asking John (or anyone else) if there's data out there that would at least give a list of what outfit cars were around say, from 1945ish, retirement dates or anything else about the rest of the 4000 series outfits. I know that there are the listings in Pictorial volume ten, but unfortunately, a lot of cars were retired just a few years before those lists were made, including some known to have survived. Even though I know the data is kind of spotty (Outfit car 04953 appears to have slipped through the cracks in the data John had), anything would really help in identifying some of these cars.
Thanks to anyone who can help, or offer guidance.
Subject Author Posted

Outfit car data-John Templeton?

Grant Houston May 21, 2006 07:25PM

Re: Outfit car data-John Templeton?

John Templeton Chama Station Agent May 23, 2006 08:37AM

Grant Houston May 23, 2006 10:15AM

John Templeton Chama Station Agent May 25, 2006 07:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.