Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: EBT "Melodia" Coaches

May 12, 2006 08:37PM
There are at least two of the old coaches still pretty much as they were, except that the bench seats have been removed and placed on flatcars for the "Shade Gap Picnic Train" which runs during the fall spectacular. They haven't been used, one reason given is the coupler height, although I believe that was resolved.
One other car was in the process of being rebuilt, using the roof and deck, and building all new sides and ends to look like one of the original cars from the 1800's, and was to be called the "Aughwick". Due to (I believe) cost overruns, the project was stopped before completion, and it currently sits with sides, ends and windows, but not a finished interior.
Actually, your question answers one of mine! For many years, EBT employees, FEBT members, and RTY members have always told me that those cars were bought from the Cedar Point and Lake Erie RR at Cedar Point. From my visits there in the early 1970's through today, I had never seen those cars at the CP&LE, but no one in Orbisonia believed me. Now I know their true origin! I'll see if I can find photos on the web for you.
Phil Raynes
Subject Author Posted

EBT "Melodia" Coaches *PIC*

Ed Kelley May 12, 2006 05:33PM

Re: EBT "Melodia" Coaches

Philip R. Raynes May 12, 2006 08:37PM

Re: EBT "Melodia" Coaches (Cont'd) *LINK*

Philip R. Raynes May 12, 2006 08:53PM

Re: EBT "Melodia" Coaches (Cont'd)

Ed Kelley May 12, 2006 09:23PM

Re: EBT "Melodia" Coaches (Cont'd)

Bruce R. Pier May 13, 2006 10:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.