Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The little shed

March 17, 2006 11:29AM
The most interesting thing to me is the little wooden shed this side of the tin shack. I have found few good pictures of it in DRGW (or early C&TS) days. I was part of a Friends crew that worked on that a couple of years ago. Your picture shows the shack as it apparently existed during DRGW days. Subsequent to the C&TS taking over (we think during the Scenic Railways days), the shack was reoriented 90 degrees, covered with tar paper, and turned into a speeder shack. The door that shows in your picture was boarded over (the framing is still there), and one end was replaced with large double doors. It is an interesting example of some of the challenges of historic restoration, because the original changed over time. In this case we restored something to perhaps what it looked like in early C&TS days, not to what it looked like during DRGW days.
I would guess the picture is 1970 or 71. I have a picture taken in August 1971 showing the snow sheds still standing. But what I can't remember is when the sheds were torn down because they were getting dangerous.
JBW
Subject Author Posted

The Shed *PIC*

Jerry Halbert March 17, 2006 11:02AM

The little shed

John West March 17, 2006 11:29AM

Re: The little shed *PIC*

Jerry Halbert March 17, 2006 01:03PM

Didn't the snow shed collapse ...

George Gaskill March 17, 2006 01:22PM

Re: Didn't the snow shed collapse ...

Jerry Halbert March 17, 2006 01:41PM

Re: Didn't the snow shed collapse ...

stuart olson March 17, 2006 05:18PM

Re: The Shed

earl March 17, 2006 05:34PM

Re: The Shed *PIC*

Jerry Halbert March 18, 2006 02:05AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.