Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Friend in Need *LINK*

November 03, 2005 09:00PM
I firmly believe that the C&TS will have a 2006 season, but we all need to pitch in to help make this happen. If you believe in the glass being half full rather than half empty then you know where I am coming from. Too many people have invested too much to let this little jewel whither and die. The states through some judicious lobbying can be convinced to support the capital needs and I am confident the operations can be self supporting given the past history. We railfans are the railroads best form of advertising and can do a lot right now on our own to tell neighbors, associates and employers about the C&TS and the Friends.
Speaking of Friends that is exactly what the RR needs now more than ever. The Friends have just over 2,200 members, are you one of them? If not, consider joining right now and then tell a friend too. Consider it an investment in the RR’s future and watch as it returns dividends many times over through the restoration of historic equipment and structures preserving the legacy of the D&RGW. Then, if you can participate “hands on” consider helping with one of the work sessions this coming year. I envision a point in time as the organization grows that work sessions will be continuous throughout the operating season. With a future museum in Chama plus another work facility the impact to the local economies will be multiplied by the Friends and their families, not just for one day but throughout the season. The Friends are good for the local economy and IMHO contribute far more $ than the average tourist ever will. Antonito and Chama would be crazy not to want more Friends hanging out, buying groceries, occupying rooms during the slack days, eating at the restaurants, buying materials and supplies, etc. etc.
Paraphrasing the late President Kennedy; ask not what the C&TS can do for you but what you can do for the C&TS. Follow the link to sign-up, you will be glad you did.
Rod Jensen
Subject Author Posted

A Friend in Need *LINK*

Rod Jensen November 03, 2005 09:00PM

Re: A Friend in Need

Just me November 03, 2005 10:05PM

John Craft November 04, 2005 05:55AM

John Cole November 04, 2005 07:01AM

Bill Kepner November 04, 2005 07:16AM

rick b November 04, 2005 10:58AM

rick b November 04, 2005 11:08AM

Re: A Friend in Need(kind of long)

Phil Hackman November 04, 2005 01:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.