Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Chama coal tower/tipple

October 31, 2005 09:38AM
Dave, thanks for putting together the website of the Chama tower. I look forward to when it's completed so I can see all the photos you have to offer. Many of the photos you have posted on this site have been of great help in showing details. BTW, I have two photos that I took this past July that I would like to offer to you if you would like to put them on your site. They both show an overview of they tower.
Tom, good luck with your Chama tower. I'm sure you'll have many questions, don't hesitate to ask Mike or myself. I think Mike and I have been over both the Chama and Durango tower extensively. As Mike has pointed out, we have uncovered many of the differences between the towers. In addition, we have discovered a few changes in the tower at Chama over the years. Most notably, the awning over the chute. This is not shown on the General Plan nor is it visible in a photo dated ’39. It’s on Mike Blazek’s plans and of course it’s there now. Unfortunately, I don’t know when it was added.
To anyone in Chama, could we get a ‘field visit’ and have the corner timber measured? The general plan called for a 10x10, but Blazek shows it as an 8x8 which is the way I built my model. I’m not completely convinced that it’s an 8x8 and it would be great if we could get answer for Tom.
Mike, keep up the good work on your tower.
Dennis
Subject Author Posted

Chama coal tower/tipple *LINK*

Dave Dye October 30, 2005 10:08PM

Tom Peterman October 31, 2005 07:32AM

Mike Trent October 31, 2005 07:42AM

Dennis Tebo October 31, 2005 09:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.