Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Greg- Steam in 1950's - Unsolicited Testimonial!

October 17, 2005 09:45PM
Hi, Greg -
Your VERY GENEROUS package arrived today. WAY overpayment for a couple of fuzzy photos of a steam engine (C&S 638) long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away ...
Your dad's movies from 1954 are FABULOUS!! As you state both on the cover and in the introduction, they may not be technically superior, but they are ART in the purest, self-expression sense of the word. I just had to interrupt the video to send a Thank You, and recommendation to to anyone who wants to get a feeling of the REAL narrow gauge that he (or she) buy this one!!
- Russo de los Locos
p.s. What is the music that you used as background? Absolutely perfect mood for the subtle mixture of excitement and nostalgia that your father's films provoke.
p.p.s. Czech composer Anton(in) Dvorak was - quite openly - one of America's first Foamers. I have, for many years, daydreamed of merging the third and fourth movements of his ninth symphony ("From the New World") with images of the steamtrains which he was so obviously depicting in his music. I am sure you have appropriate film, and I would VERY MUCH enjoy a collaboration ...
Subject Author Posted

Greg- Steam in 1950's - Unsolicited Testimonial!

Russ Sperry October 17, 2005 09:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.