Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Anything Loop...Good or Bad"

October 11, 2005 08:01AM
This is a note to Stephen Peck....First, it may not be prudent to speak for everyone here on the NGDF. I have recived many, many great emails and there have many more positive postings about the new Loop operations instead of negative.
If you are tired of hearing "anything about the Loop, good or bad....then why would you care knowing about the WP&Y cars coming to the Loop?
It kinda sounds like to me that you might be one of the Loop Bashers that is unhappy that the Loop did not fold up after the first month, and then you are unhappy to hear anything about the great success we had this season.
The facts ARE simple and fully in front of the public now. Railstar was unmercifully lambasted coming into this situation with a lot of criticism in regards to our ability to operate the railroad....well, we certainly proved the nay-sayers wrong. The new Georgetown Loop operation provided an "all steam" train ride for all but two days out of the entire season. As a matter of fact, we tried three different times to have "Diesel Days" while we performed some maintenance on the No.12...however, each time the No.21 developed problems and we had to have the steam engine step in. In most cases all maintenance on the No.12 was acoomplished at night.
The Georgetown merchants have recently told thier story to the press and have CLEARLY embraced the new Loop operation and Railstar.
Thanks to all the folks here on NGDF that have given Railstar a break and the new Loop a chance.
No matter the politics, I hope all are glad that the Loop is alive and well AND had a great season.
Peace to All,
Steven Torrico
Operations Manager-GLRR
Subject Author Posted

"Anything Loop...Good or Bad"

steven torrico October 11, 2005 08:01AM

woah ... that'll do.

Stephen Peck October 11, 2005 08:58AM

Re: "Anything Loop...Good or Bad"

Tom Gears October 11, 2005 09:57AM

Al Patterson October 11, 2005 12:31PM

Chris October 12, 2005 06:15PM

Pete Gores October 15, 2005 09:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.