Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: H. Fogg sounds...

October 11, 2005 09:00AM
The NKP Berks sound good at any speed. Starting, accelerating, or at 65 mph. I saw and video taped 261 in 1994 on the New River WV trips, the last steam to run those trips. Rich Melvin and the 765 crew operated the engine since the CSX was comfortable with them. So, if 261 sounded a lot like 765 and it was that trip you saw on tape, that is the reason!!! Same engineer!
Any engine usually sounds good if it is working hard. Not all, but most!
As for the Howard Fogg recordings I have heard he did some pretty good things. I tried to get use of some of these for my Burlington/C&S program, but the Colorado Railroad Museum didn't want to do anything. I offered to have the reel to reel originals put on DAT tape, or CD to preserve them. There is probably a lot of stuff that was never published, but who knows. Its a bit of a sticky situation, as Mrs. Fogg aparently still has the rights to them in some manor. They may have an inflated idea of their value also!
I wouldn't mind a nice stocking stuffer like that from Nebraska Kevin. Always nice to have some steam under the Christmas tree, eh!! Ho, Ho, Ho!
Greg Scholl
PS Just like preserving old Films, and real engines, I think it would be nice if those Fogg recordings could be made available to the public some day, before the tape deteriorates from age!
It might even be a good source of income for them as well!
Subject Author Posted

NKP 765 back in steam! *LINK*

Chris Webster October 10, 2005 12:59PM

Re: NKP 765 back in steam!

Jeff Osborne October 10, 2005 02:33PM

ALRIGHT!! *NM*

Kevin Bush October 10, 2005 04:30PM

Re: ALRIGHT!

Kevin Bush October 10, 2005 04:31PM

Re: ALRIGHT! *LINK* *PIC*

Greg Scholl October 10, 2005 04:39PM

Re: ALRIGHT!

Kevin Bush October 10, 2005 07:23PM

Kevin Bush October 10, 2005 07:29PM

Greg Scholl October 11, 2005 09:00AM

Mike Trent October 11, 2005 06:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.