Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Car Count Re: Another great evening at the LOOP

Chris Webster
August 29, 2005 05:32AM
On my way from Silverton yesterday to the redeye leaving DIA at 12:40 AM this morning, I ended up passing through Silver Plume at about 7:30 last night. Since I was ahead of schedule, the sun was low and the Silver Plume yard was nicely lit, I exited and took some photos from the bike lane.
While photographing, I counted a total of nine shiny passenger-hauling cars in the yard. These cars look great to me. I especially like the converted drop gons. These cars can carry passengers, yet they still look like 1:1 versions of that On3 scale car kit (Grandt Line, I think) and could easily be used in a "photo freight".
While the situation between the GLRR, Inc and the CHS is quite unfortunate and very sad, the restoration of the new Loop cars has to be one of the recent highlights of the recreational railroading industry.
The gons were purchased only one year ago -- almost exactly to the day -- at last year's D&SNG sale. Posters on here ridiculed the CHS for that purchase and laughed at - what poor shape those cars were in. Yet, in a single year, those drop bottom cars were moved, restored, and have already carried thousands of riders.
Good work guys!
--
Chris Webster
[www.speakeasy.org]
Subject Author Posted

Another great evening at the LOOP

Steven Torrico August 27, 2005 09:51PM

Re: Another great evening at the LOOP

Tom Gears August 28, 2005 06:59AM

Re: Another great evening at the LOOP *LINK*

Steven Torrico August 28, 2005 07:49AM

Link don't work

Tom Gears August 28, 2005 11:26AM

Re: Another great evening at the LOOP

Dick August 28, 2005 03:43PM

Car Count Re: Another great evening at the LOOP

Chris Webster August 29, 2005 05:32AM

Re: Car Count Re: Another great evening at the LOO

Norm August 29, 2005 10:56AM

Jason Midyette August 29, 2005 06:53PM

Rob Gardner August 30, 2005 07:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.