Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Annual Uintah Railway field trip

July 22, 2005 08:22PM
The current Ploan, as Bill Stated is to leave Rangely, Colorado at 8AM. there are two good motel in Rangely, a Budget Inn and "The Four Queens" so you can get a rrom the night before if coming in from along way off (last year we had people from eight different states). I plan to take everybody past Bonanza, Utah and on to Dragon, Utah for a "walking tour" of "Dragon, City" followed by a short drive up to the Gilsonite mine in the canyon above. After an explanation of that area, we'll all head up Evacuation Creek towards Baxter Pass, with stops at Whiskey Creek trestle and Urado siding, Wendella, Lake Mcandrews, Columbine, Baxter Pass, Shale Siding, Atchee, Carbonera, Bridge 2-A, and Mack, Colorado. Departing from there for home or the nearest Olive garden(a personal favorite - you can eat anywhere in Grand Jucntion).
Along with plenty of beverages, and snacks, make sure the spare tire and jack is in order, and take note that we will be generally 60 miles from "anywhere" - also little or no cell phone service......
It will be a "rain or shine event" and if it rains, I'll go as far as my truck will take me, if it is dry (as it usually is that time of year) then a regular caran make it.
Also, it would a be a good thing to bring a copy of both of my books , or Benders book for reference.
Subject Author Posted

Annual Uintah Railway field trip *LINK*

Bill Pratt July 17, 2005 04:46PM

George Gaskill July 18, 2005 10:14AM

Bill Pratt July 18, 2005 01:30PM

Rodger Polley July 22, 2005 08:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.