Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: RGS grade exploration near the Gallagher Trest

July 03, 2005 03:26PM
The grade at the Matterhorn Mill and north downhill towards Ophir goes through a gravel quarry operation run by the fellow who also owns the Matterhorn Mill. He may be approachable for permission to hike what portions of the grade he hasn't bulldozed, but I'd have to ask him. This is all posted land, but with a phone call, I think it could be arranged for a time when he's not operating heavy equipment in the quarry. He is negotiating to save the mill in a trade of land and he seems agreeable to things he wouldn't otherwise be helpful. He has a series of lawsuits aginst the county, and the 2 bodies are at a no-talking stand off, but since I get along with him just fine, I could maybe arrange something for serious efforts. My phone number is 970-387-0212, and my only requirement is that photos and information be shared with this list and that property and equipment be respected.
As an aside, I hear one of the trains backing into town through my open window, so this all seems like everything is ok in narrow gauge land.
Subject Author Posted

RGS grade exploration near the Gallagher Trestles *LINK*

Dave Dye July 01, 2005 09:18PM

steve dickey July 02, 2005 01:37PM

Dick Grosbier July 02, 2005 05:09PM

Re: RGS grade exploration near the Gallagher Trest *LINK* *PIC*

Dave Dye July 03, 2005 11:35AM

Fritz Klinke July 03, 2005 03:26PM

Dave Dye July 04, 2005 12:12AM

Dave Dye July 04, 2005 12:08AM

Jerry Halbert July 04, 2005 08:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.