Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Brian Norton Are you there?

June 20, 2005 05:27PM
Yes, I'm here. And the name is Norden -- no relationship to the bombsite.
Yes, I've been a member of Orange Empire since Oct 1967. I first saw the museum back in June 1960 as a 11th birthday trip. But I first saw the SP narrow gauge in 1959.
We still have one of the two transfer tables from the PE Torrance Shops. To move it the beams under the rails were cut in several places. Later we had SeeBees reservists weld it back togeather. No idea how good the welds really are. It may still be reinstalled into a pit and made use of at the Museum.
The other transfer table was bought by a member of both Orange Empire and Shore Line Trolley Museum (East Haven, CT). He burned out the rivits on his table to take it apart and hoped to ship it back east at some time. That never happened the the pieces were cut-up.
The 15-ton capacity overhead Niles crane from the 1904 Los Angeles Ry machine shop is stored in pieces at the Museum. It's major pieces are on LARy flat cars; others inside box cars, etc. Over the years we have had various ideas about putting the crane back togeather and making use of it -- none of the building projects have gone to consturction.
Brian Norden
Subject Author Posted

Brian Norton Are you there?

Ted Miles June 20, 2005 05:01PM

Re: Brian Norton Are you there?

Brian Norden June 20, 2005 05:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.