Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: CRRM Steam-Up for Father's Day

June 18, 2005 10:46AM
Jim,
It's great that #14 will be running this weekend! I am concerned that there will be no steam runs in August (according to the 2005 brochure.) Considering that there are at least two operational locomotives why no steam during a summer month when people from all over the nation will converge on Colorado for Railfest?
If I were flying into Colorado to attend I would come into Denver, hit the CRRM and the Forney Museum (and a trip to Josephina's on Larimer St.!) and then do the Georgetown Loop on my way to Breckenridge and eventually over to Durango. It would seem like a no-brainer to have steam going!
For that matter why only once a month? Why not at least every other weekend with Goose trips on the "off" weekends? If it's funding I'm sure we could come up with something but having a steam engine actually running is a big draw once people realize it's happening!
Here's one that'll shock you: in the last eight years that I have come out to see my father who lives in Golden only .7 miles from the museum (and I come out on average 4-5 times a year) I have yet to ride a steam train on that property as I have always missed it (usually by one week!)
Having a working steam engine on the property while #346 is being restored is a blessing! Why is the CRRM not using this opportunity? Again, if it's funding then let's look at what is needed as this is a greviously missed opportunity!
Subject Author Posted

CRRM Steam-Up for Father's Day *LINK*

Jim Poston June 18, 2005 12:33AM

Steve Stockham June 18, 2005 10:46AM

Norm June 21, 2005 07:41PM

It was #40 today (Saturday) *NM*

Scott Hightower June 18, 2005 05:20PM

#40 & Old Tractors

Jim Poston June 19, 2005 06:53AM

Paul Luning June 21, 2005 10:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.