Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bob Wright picked up his last orders.

June 09, 2005 10:45PM
The C&TS seems to have a tradition of great characters, and Bob fits right into that tradition. Big time. I had the privilege playing a key role in RGRPC's decision to hire Bob. When I mentioned Bob's name to one of the more knowledgeable people that gave me advice in those days, the reaction was "not only no but hell no". But after some sober discussion of our alternatives (we didn't have many), the answer was maybe Bob was a reasonable choice as an interim CMO. So we hired him. There are probably few people who loved the ng. as much as Bob. He was like a pig in @#$%&. You can question some of his managment decisions, but he loved the ng. and gave it everything he knew how to give. And more. He was not always right, or even wise, but what he did was from the heart. His baby was the 497, and it recieved far more attention that it should have. Bob loved his booze, but because he loved the ng. even more he probably consumed more ice tea at the High Country than any living soul. To this day I can hardly look a glass of ice tea in the eye. God bless Bob, forgive him for his sins, and may he highball the heavenly version of 497 over the great divide. I was lucky to be able to spend so much time with such a great character.
Subject Author Posted

Bob Wright picked up his last orders.

El Coke June 09, 2005 09:19PM

Re: Bob Wright picked up his last orders.

John West June 09, 2005 10:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.