Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mid July of What Decade?

June 06, 2005 08:43AM
Dan, with all due respect, there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell that #9 will be steamed next month.
I seriously doubt, as I have said before, that it could even be returned as a complete static display in 2005. Somebody is still lying their ass off about this and I can't possibly understand why.
Fixing a tie on the front beam isn't quite as complicated as a new cab, and the tender cistern wouldn't hold another cup of even dried urine.
And then there are little details like every single appliance having to be completely replaced or remanufacured if it is still there. Which it isn't.
I don't blame anyone for passing on information you have been given, but somebody is feeding you complete BS.
Last time I questioned this was when it was being boasted that #9 would be ready for service June 2005. Well, here it is June 2005 and somebody has put a tie on the pilot. Who are they trying to fool, and why?
I'm not buying a word of this, and I don't even know enough to even pretend I know what I'm talking about. But I'm not completely uneducated about what it takes to bring one of these dinosaurs back to life, either.
Restoring #9 to service next month would be the same as building a space shuttle out of houshold appliances and going to the moon in a month.
And that is the way it is. Like it or not.
Subject Author Posted

NEWS FLASH

Don Richter June 05, 2005 10:57AM

Re: NEWS FLASH

Skonk June 05, 2005 11:11AM

John Sporseen June 05, 2005 11:33AM

Paul Hagglund June 05, 2005 02:23PM

Re: my one and only Loop post

John Craft June 05, 2005 11:42AM

Dan June 05, 2005 06:35PM

Mid July of What Decade?

Mike Trent June 06, 2005 08:43AM

dan June 05, 2005 07:04PM

Steve Stockham June 05, 2005 08:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.