Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

steam *LINK*

creeker
April 22, 2005 07:59PM
I know that this really isn't preservation or narrow gauge but it has to do with trains. The picture that I have posted the link to I think shows why steam is so amazing and why so many of us fall in love with it. Ill bet you that that's the first time that girl has ever seen a running steam locomotive. Do any of you remember the first time you ever saw one of the steam breathing monsters when it was alive. I remember when I first saw one it scared me to death yet I couldn't stop looking at it. The whistle made me jump and boy did I jump the first time a safety went off when I was by the engine. As I got older I started to understand how they worked and my fear turned into a need to learn more. My first cab ride got me hooked. When the fireman opened up the fire box door and I felt the heat coming off that fire it was amazing. Now that I have been working with steam I understand that steam is a labor of love. These are not just machines. They are alive. Each one has its own personality and if you don't treat it right it will fight back. This is why my hat is off to all the people out there that volunteer there time (and to the ones that get paid to do it) to maintain and run these awesome machines. Good job to you all and keep up the good work. If anyone wants to share there "first steam encounter" pleas feel free.
-Eric
aka Creeker
Subject Author Posted

steam *LINK*

creeker April 22, 2005 07:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.