Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Georgetown Loop

March 24, 2005 08:30PM
I don't know if this managed to find you, as I used the "send e-mail" feature of this forum, which may or may not send the e-mail correctly. So, I have posted what I sent to you previously. Sorry if this is a duplication.
Jeanette,
My name is Shane Schabow, and I am a train enthusiast who has personal connections with the Georgetown Loop. As a summer job for 2004, I worked on the Georgetown Loop during the final season of the tenured 30+ year operators. I worked on the train and the locomotives, and followed the ongoing operator saga very closely. The situation hit me personally not only due to my job on the Loop, but also because of my love for the railroad and passion for steam railroading as a whole. I have loads of information that could be helpful to you in writing your story.
If you wish to contact me further about my experiences on the Georgetown Loop, history of the railroad/narrow gauge trains, or the demise of the last operator, please contact me at
E-mail: shane.schabow@colorado.edu
Cell Phone: 720-839-5998
I too am a student at the University of Colorado. I am studying mechanical engineering on the Boulder Campus, and would be glad to meet with you if you so desire to discuss the railroad and related topics.
I hope that I can be of help in writing your story.
Sincerely,
Shane Schabow
Former Georgetown Loop Railroad Inc. student brakeman/locomotive fireman
Subject Author Posted

Georgetown Loop

Jeanette McQuade March 23, 2005 12:00PM

Al Patterson March 23, 2005 12:18PM

Georgetown Loop/backchannel

John West March 23, 2005 12:23PM

Georgetown Loop Information *LINK*

Jim Poston March 23, 2005 04:00PM

Shane Schabow March 24, 2005 08:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.