Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Georgetown Politics

February 09, 2005 04:34PM
How so? (the debasing part I mean...) Whereas some of us posting on this forum may have an agenda (I don't deny it!), the CHS is a state agency in charge of millions of dollars of funding for a variety of historical projects. It stands to reason that a state organization should have it's activities be above board and subject to review by independent sources.
You yourself have admitted this situation is "nasty". Taking the Ashby's and the GTL Inc. completely out of the situation, where is the oversight concerning the wasted $$$$$$ (so far) in this situation?
Whether Railstar with the CHS, the CHS by itself or some other operator in the future continues to operate steam trains on the Georgetown Loop there needs to be accountability for the decisions made. So far there has been none and this is a grave concern to me!
While I wish Railstar the best of luck in their new endeavour I am suspicious of the motives of the CHS heirarchy. (Personally, I thought the picture of Georgianna confirmed for me the preconception that I had made of her! The picture of Lee Behrens did so as well!) Since I am completely biased you can take my opinion for what it's worth!
Even so, I am curious about how my opinion debases my position? No one would be happier than myself to learn that I have been COMPLETELY wrong about this whole affair! Unfortunately, the facts as presented paint a pretty "nasty" picture! I look forward to your response. Thank you.
Subject Author Posted

Georgetown Politics *LINK*

Will Gleckler February 03, 2005 09:16AM

Fritz Klinke February 04, 2005 11:10PM

Kerry Ann February 07, 2005 12:45PM

Fritz Klinke February 08, 2005 10:20PM

Karell Reader February 09, 2005 08:36AM

Fritz Klinke February 09, 2005 09:03AM

Steve Stockham February 09, 2005 04:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.