Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NC Traction/NCNG Museum/facts straight

October 22, 2004 06:20PM
Ed,
The Nevada County Traction runs their 2' line during the summer/fall I don't have the start/end dates off hand but I can get them for you tomorrow. The Argent engine does steam up still on occasion but is not used in any form of service. They operate the engine on special events usually 4 times a year and not usually scheduled. They just pick days when they feel like it and run it on the dual gauge section of their trackage which includes a loop (more like balloon track) for operating.
At the NCNG museum we only operate the Porter on special occasions at the moment. We didn't set down specific days this year for operation but there is talk of operating it monthly. So far the only day for certain would be on the grand opening anniversary, which is in May.
The Heisler is currently out of service and stored in our shop building. We are going to be doing an evaluation of it and hydro it to see if we can restore it to operation. If it passes we expect the entire restoration to take a few years.
In the meantime the Sac Brick Porter will be getting restored to its in service appearance on Sac Brick and will be getting a 4 wheeled tender similar to what it used in that operation.
I'll find out the particulars of dates, schedules, etc tomorrow when I am at the museum.
-Andrew-
Subject Author Posted

NC Traction/NCNG Museum/facts straight

Ed Kelley October 22, 2004 04:22PM

Re: NC Traction/NCNG Museum/facts straight

Andrew Brandon October 22, 2004 06:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.