Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Fire in Colorado

August 20, 2000 01:50PM
Helge, at the moment, all the fires in Colorado are either extinguished or under control. The worst fire close to Narrow Gauge country was the Mesa Verde fires, two of them that burned much of the national park by the same name. The historic cliff dwellings were largely unharmed by the fire.
There were two fires close here on the Colorado Front Range in June. Both of those fires are extinguished, however there was significant property damage from those fires, homes were burned. One was here near Loveland and the other southwest of Denver.
The most destructive fires in the United States have been in Idaho and Montana, near Salmon, Idaho and Darby Montana. Those fires were still raging the last thing I knew. There is a website from the "National Interagency Fire Center" in Boise, Idaho that has significant information and links to related sites.
I don't know of any railroad damage in the western US from fires this year. Maybe others in other parts of the country might know more. I do know that Union Pacific had some impact from a fire in Dietrich, Idaho. That fire was a desert fire that trapped a number of livestock and killed them, several hundred head of cattle.
Subject Author Posted

Fire in Colorado

Helge karkoska August 20, 2000 11:17AM

Jim Burrill August 20, 2000 01:50PM

Rich Muth August 20, 2000 01:52PM

H.Karkoska August 22, 2000 12:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.