Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Erie Canal Village in Rome, NY *LINK*

Ed Kelley
September 22, 2004 04:13PM
I talked to Ron Trottier once or twice; he has lots of stuff. This year, they ran Willock's Davenport 0-4-0T. Originally a saddle tank engine; rebuilt by Davenport in the 50s. He had the side tanks put on for better performance. His 2-4-0 is also in the Railstar collection. Both I believe were at Frontier Town in North Hudson, NY, when they closed down. As for the coaches at Frontier Town, I don't know.
Byron Railroad #2968 is a Davenport, mostly...built mostly by Byron Hiatt. It's a 2-6-2. Originally ran in Iowa, then an estate RR in Washington. A similar engine, 2967, is in other hands somewhere I guess.
As for a Chance dismal, there was (or is) one which was used during the first season or so I believe when the RR was revived. He's also got a Crown 2' there. I was told he also owns some more 'park trains' in 16" gauge, but the only one I know for sure is the OW Coffman Hudson which was purchased from Lee Merricks'.
The 2-6-2 which ran there in the previous incarnation (70s, 80s) was homebuilt, but may have used other parts; I don't know. I heard it's in bad, bad shape...but I don't know for sure. The Crown 2' may be operational.
Included in the Briefs here (not to mention my Guidebook, when ready) are two photos of the Davenport at the Village running with the ex-High Country RR coach from Golden, Colorado's Heritage Square...and another coach which looks of Edaville origin...since Edaville last owned the HCRR coach. I heard the HCRR coach may have circa 1880s Colorado Central parts or something to it?
I have been meaning to contact Trottier concerning the status of the other equipment and the Railstar roster, but with the whole GLRR fiasco, didn't think he wanted to be bothered. Anyhow, some of his 2' stuff is stored in Watertown, NY I believe...closer to Cape Vincent where Railstar is based.
-Ed Kelley
Subject Author Posted

The Erie Canal Village in Rome, NY

Chris Webster September 21, 2004 06:17PM

Re: The Erie Canal Village in Rome, NY

Chris Webster September 21, 2004 06:28PM

Ted Miles September 22, 2004 10:12AM

Bruce R. Pier September 22, 2004 10:19AM

Bruce R. Pier September 22, 2004 10:21AM

Re: The Erie Canal Village in Rome, NY *LINK*

Ed Kelley September 22, 2004 04:13PM

Chris Webster September 25, 2004 04:04PM

Ed Kelley September 25, 2004 05:25PM

Bart Salmons September 26, 2004 05:10AM

Ed Kelley September 26, 2004 09:30AM

Bart Salmons September 26, 2004 11:02AM

Ed Kelley September 26, 2004 04:37PM

Byron Engines *PIC*

Ed Kelley September 27, 2004 04:25PM

Re: Byron Engines

Paul Hagglund September 27, 2004 06:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.