Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SVRR's Ole M32

April 24, 2024 04:40PM avatar
In my systematic flow through our SVRR Archive files, the next shot up has none other than me posing in our old M32 motor car. I had brought a friend to the railroad that day, but IIRC I was on the fire patrol crew, so he spent his day doing a cab ride and taking B&W photos around the railroad. He told me to pose and look like I was doing something, so I picked up this track bolt off of the floor and pointed at it. This was probably between 20 and 25 years ago. Note behind the motor car is our old small fire car with pump and water tank. M32 was a Fairmont MT19 which had come to us from the UP and cut down to narrow gauge. The little motor car had been in an accident with a motor vehicle a few years before at a crossing, so was a little wonky in various ways. Later our motor car aficionado Patrick "Smitty" Smith did a thorough rebuild and got the axles trammed properly which made a big difference. After we got the A4 we use today, Smitty brokered a deal to sell M32 to the Durango & Silverton.
img2885 - Copy - Copy.jpg
Subject Author Posted

SVRR's Ole M32 Attachments

J.B.Bane April 24, 2024 04:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login