Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Literature on railroads in Utah bought by the D&RGW

March 25, 2024 12:32AM
Not much has been fully written about all 3 railroads but I assure you there will be in depth coverage about all 3 D&RGWRy predecessors in a book someday in your lifetime. Unfortunately there has only been a drip feed of photos released by the immense and protective LDS Church, BYU and University of Utah archives that show the railroads, but for now all we have are a few photos here and there. So far only 2 photos of the predecessor railroad's locomotives have been discovered, both are of the Bingham Canyon & Camp Floyd Porters 0-6-0s. I personally have been searching for any photos of the Wasatch & Jordan Valley National/Dawson & Bailey locomotives and have yet to turn up anything.

Utah Ghost Rails is the only book that covers these lines, and while the information is good, it was written before things like newspapers.com, digital archives, and Google books were a thing so it is still missing a lot.

Josh Bernhard wrote an article for the Rio Grande Modelling and Historical Society's Prospector magazine, Volume 18, Number 2, which covers the history of the Wasatch & Jordan Valley
Subject Author Posted

Literature on railroads in Utah bought by the D&RGW

I_love_D&RG March 24, 2024 08:45PM

Re: Literature on railroads in Utah bought by the D&RG

Adam Phillips March 24, 2024 09:10PM

Glenn Butcher March 24, 2024 09:51PM

MatthewM March 25, 2024 12:32AM

D&RGW 223 March 25, 2024 07:12AM

Brian Norden March 25, 2024 01:18PM

MD Ramsey March 25, 2024 02:24PM

Elrey March 26, 2024 04:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login