Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

At this Saturday's Commission meeting will there be discussion of the lawsuit by the former C&TSRR employees?

February 13, 2024 07:56PM
I expect there will be discussion in the executive session which is not open to the public. However, there must be acknowledgement by the Commission in public that this is a serious matter and that they are prepared to take action to prevent a repeat of the charges in the lawsuit, alleged or proven. To that end I have sent an email to the Commission including as an attachment a policy adopted by the NM Steam Locomotive and Railroad Historical Society (restoring ATSF 2926) requiring volunteers to sign a "Prohibition of Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation" document before allowing further participation in Society activities. The policy statement is provided below:

The New Mexico Steam Locomotive & Railroad Historical Society (NMSL&RHS) will not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation in the workplace based on factors such as race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (physical/mental), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NMSL&RHS will not tolerate sexual harassment in the workplace. This includes business on NMSL&RHS property, at customer sites, at Society functions, on Society travel, or at any other time when the volunteer or employee is reasonably assumed to be representing the Society or in the presence of other NMSL&RHS volunteers, employees, or customers.
NMSL&RHS will not tolerate retaliation in the workplace. Retaliation is prohibited by federal law and defined as taking action against a person because of a complaint of discrimination or harassment, or because the person participated in or assisted an investigation of discrimination or harassment.

I'm including a copy of the document here. I believe it to be in the best interest of the RR and the Commission for the Commission to prepare, distribute, discuss and adopt such a policy that would include both employees and volunteers including the Friends organization.

ATSF 2926 Anti-Discrimation Policy HRPCY0000010.pdf
Subject Author Posted

At this Saturday's Commission meeting will there be discussion of the lawsuit by the former C&TSRR employees? Attachments

Dave Boyer February 13, 2024 07:56PM

Re: At this Saturday's Commission meeting will there be discussion of the lawsuit by the former C&TSRR employees?

rod5nz February 14, 2024 01:22AM

Re: At this Saturday's Commission meeting will there be discussion of the lawsuit by the former C&TSRR employees?

Dave Boyer February 14, 2024 06:35AM

Paul Dalleska February 14, 2024 11:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login