Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Book Recommendation With Hank Griffiths Photos

February 02, 2024 01:30PM avatar
One of my Facebook friends near LaGrande, Or. contacted me earlier in the week to see if I would like to have an extra copy that he had of "Union Pacific First Subdivision Oregon Division Griffiths Series: Book 1". The book is filled with photos taken by Hank Griffiths Jr. on the UP between Huntington, Or. and LaGrande, Or. The reason this book is of interest to narrow gauge aficionados is that it has a very nice section with Sumpter Valley Ry. color photos. I count 15 total and there are probably only about three of them that I have seen before. Color shots of the SVRy in operation are rare and so far as I know the only ones taken were by Mr. Griffiths. I knew Jim Griffiths was doing a book of his dad's photos, but had missed its publication which was 2022. I was planning to go to LaGrande on Wed. anyway, so jumped at the chance to acquire this book. I suggested it be donated to our SVRR Archive book collection. This book is a must have if you want to see some great SVRy color shots, most of which are not available anywhere else.
Subject Author Posted

Book Recommendation With Hank Griffiths Photos

J.B.Bane February 02, 2024 01:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login