Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Useful program to use with MS TerraServer data *PIC*

August 15, 2004 02:34PM
If you spend much time exploring on MS Terraserver like I do, it can get time consuming on a dialup account. I have been using a program called USAPhotoMpas which actually downloads the images to your hard drive. This makes it a lot easier to scroll around and look for things once you have downloaded the image tiles. It also lets you interface with a GPS unit and add waypoints and routes. I checked the notes for the latest version and it is able to take advantage of the new color images that are being added to Terraserver. The link below will take you to this program if you are interested.
[www.jdmcox.com]
My newest playtoy is a program that I have been working on for my PDA. It lets me take the aerial and topo images on the road and interface with my Garmin handheld. I can store a bunch of images on a memory card and have them available in the field. I 'll have to modify the program to take advantage of the new color images. I wonder if the folks at Terraserver are going to add color images for our favorite locations in SW CO?
The photo below is me pulling into the C&TS parking lot this summer. You can see the engine house in the lower right and the coal tower in the upper left.
Subject Author Posted

Sundown & Southern

Dave Dye August 13, 2004 11:50PM

A word on TerraServer

Chile John August 14, 2004 08:26AM

Re: A word on TerraServer *LINK*

SZuiderveen August 14, 2004 11:30AM

Re: Useful program to use with MS TerraServer data *PIC*

Dave Dye August 15, 2004 02:34PM

Re: Useful program to use with MS TerraServer data

Dave Dye August 15, 2004 02:41PM

Re: Useful program to use with MS TerraServer data

JasonL. August 15, 2004 03:23PM

Huckleberry aerial, in 1992.

JasonL. August 15, 2004 02:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.