Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Chuck and Linda Dueker, Sad news from FCTSRR

July 02, 2022 08:51AM avatar
We were told the last day of Session C. I think it shocked all of us, and very little was said. Chuck and Linda had been fixtures at the Antonito work sessions, for the last couple of years. I think I remember them saying something that they had a family event in Nebraska, but would be back for the E and F sessions (later this month).

I've been volunteering with several different organizations over the years, and since I was always one of the younger ones, the math says that those who were at retirement age back then have now passed on. But it seemed like most of the time they were back home during the off-season and died of natural causes.

Very few of the frequent posters here would have known them, while Chuck was very skilled with construction work, he didn't particularly seem to be a "railfan". But he was a great asset for our work. Some of you may remember the videos from last year when we demonstrated the OP Derrick; that was Chuck relaying signals from the ground to the cab. The hand signals were deliberate and precise. I remember helping him do a brake test a couple years ago and while he hadn't done that a lot, his troubleshooting skills were apparent.

Bill Kepner
Subject Author Posted

Chuck and Linda Dueker, Sad news from FCTSRR

Chris James July 01, 2022 08:44PM

gregcoit July 02, 2022 07:30AM

drgw0579 July 02, 2022 08:51AM

John C July 02, 2022 07:35PM

Goldwingrider July 04, 2022 06:03PM

michael July 04, 2022 06:20PM

JoeK July 06, 2022 11:33PM

guymonmd July 07, 2022 04:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login