Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG: Railfanning The Colorado River

July 01, 2022 07:17AM
Just a bit more info on the rain scenario. Les Jarratt and I were shooting the first of 4 "America By Rail" videos. This was to be the best one we could do in the event another one was never made. It was called "The Heartland" since it went through the whole US, from Washington, DC to S.F. There was a video called "The Great Canadian Train Ride" and our idea was to make something across the US, but instead of taking you from hotel to resorts, we made it TRAINS. Basically we included 12 side-trip train rides that roughly were close to our routing, and the rest of the journey was on Amtrak....in this case the Capitol Limited, and the Zephyr from Chicago. Les rode the entire route previously, including a cab ride from Denver to Glenwood Springs. We both traveled to the east after that for shooting 4 tourist lines and some Amtrak. Then we embarked on a 4-6 week trip out west shooting additional tourist lines and more Amtrak. We spent a day shooting Amtrak in the Rockies and mostly scouted. That was the day we shot the rain scene. All our video clips had the train going westbound, so we never used any of the stuff of the EB Zephyr in the final video. When I did the vintage show, I included it since it was passenger related on the same route. The day after this was shot. I dropped Les at the station in Fraser, so he could ride to California. This way he could get some on train shots he missed during the cab ride, and do some tourist trains in CA, while I chased the Zephyr starting at Mofatt tunnel. What a chase that was to Provo all day! I did Heber, Virginia & Truckee, and shot some Amtrak on Donner Pass, while Les shot Napa, Roaring Camp, and Santa Cruz. We met in Colfax and drove to Durango for our final tourist train of the trip, then home to Indiana and Ohio. I know more info than you wanted!!!! smiling smiley
Except for some wild snow shots in Canada, that heavy downpour was one of the wildest bad weather shots I ever did.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

NNG: Railfanning The Colorado River Attachments

anthonydamato June 26, 2022 04:13PM

Jimmy Blouch June 26, 2022 04:58PM

Olaf Rasmussen June 26, 2022 05:38PM

Samart June 26, 2022 07:51PM

shakeyjake June 26, 2022 10:28PM

RDannemann June 27, 2022 09:31AM

rrpreservation June 30, 2022 07:36AM

Greg Scholl June 30, 2022 10:03AM

Greg Scholl June 30, 2022 10:13AM

anthonydamato June 30, 2022 11:08AM

GeorgeGaskill June 30, 2022 05:28PM

Greg Scholl June 30, 2022 07:24PM

GeorgeGaskill July 01, 2022 12:26AM

Greg Scholl July 01, 2022 07:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login