Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: West Side Lumber Co. Plymouth

June 19, 2022 02:27PM
Unfortunately, Glen has passed away and I believe his wife has sold the property and moved to Sonora. Glen sold most of his West Side equipment to Beverely Cola for a railroad project that was supposed to take place near Placerville, CA. This project never came to fruition and the equipment sat on probably an acre plot of land near her home outside Placerville. I got wind from a friend of mine that Beverely was infirm and was doing nothing with this equipment. Also, I was told that the caretaker of the property was selling off the metal car parts that was there to a metal scrapper which made me decide I better go take a look. This was around 2011.
Mike Flaherty and I drove out to Beverely's home and were able to visit with her and her caretaker. At this point in time, she was legally blind but mentally sharp and a pleasure to talk to. I asked her if she had any plans for the Plymouth and if not, would she be interested in selling it to our museum. Beverely indicated that she would sell it to us and was happy that it would be restored by the NCNGRR museum. She also said the rest of the equipment could be purchased also. After evaluating the equipment in the yard, I wrote up an estimate of value and presented it to her and her family. They accepted the offer and we ended up with the 8-ton Plymouth, WSLC caboose #4, heavy duty flat #2, sand car #276, flat 300, tank car #2 and tank car #4. The two remaining skeleton cars had their trucks and lower bunks, but the rest had been sold off for scrap along with other materials. I told the guy to not touch anything from now on since we now owned it. Some of the materials I couldn't use or was just too much for us to handle at that time, was sold off to other museums. John Christensen
Subject Author Posted

West Side Lumber Co. Plymouth Attachments

J.B.Bane June 18, 2022 01:15PM

edsshay June 18, 2022 01:30PM

o anderson June 18, 2022 07:56PM

Ed Horan June 18, 2022 10:45PM

Doc June 19, 2022 08:51AM

LooseCaboose June 19, 2022 02:27PM

Doc June 19, 2022 10:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login