Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Georgetown Loop RFP Question

July 09, 2004 03:30PM
According to the GLRR employees, there were several groups that came to these "mandatory walkthroughs". However, of the 3-5 groups that came through (can't remember the exact number), only ONE GROUP EVEN VENTURED INSIDE THE SHOP BUILDING!!! And the group who did mearly looked around, and asked about the use of the pits in the two stalls, and questioned why there was no pit to drop divers on the locomotives (better direct that one to CHS, as they planned the building, left that little detail and several others out of the design. The other groups toured CHS's "crystal palace" (officially the "Silver Plume Historic Rolling Stock Shelter"), but never entered the shop. They mearly took photos of #40 sitting inside. They sound more like railfans than a prospective operator to me!
That was the groups who walked through on July 1st and 2nd. The 7th was going to be for anyone if they were not available for the other two, and I do not know if or who came for that one. Maybe some GLRR people could assist me here.
By the way, the Extra Train is a blast to work on/ride! The small 4-car consist is very unique and colorful (there is a dark green passenger coach, red high-side gon, black stock car, and "caboose red" caboose on the rear).
Come up for a ride. Request a ticket for the "extra" (which only runs on weekends, if it is needed).
Shane
GLRR volunteer on Extra Train (and loving it!)
Subject Author Posted

Georgetown Loop RFP Question

Dave Bates July 09, 2004 12:58PM

Re: Georgetown Loop RFP Question

Shane Schabow July 09, 2004 03:30PM

Re:GLR Extra Train-7/10/04

John Hammond July 09, 2004 08:57PM

Re:GLR Extra Train-7/10/04

Skip Luke July 10, 2004 07:25PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.