Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pleasant Surprise Paperwork

May 25, 2022 08:13AM
I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of one of the issues of Narrow Gauge News many years ago when I received one of the Colorado Annuals, so that was a pleasant surprise. Other than a few early RGS/D&RGW reports I picked up at the Rocky Mountain Train Show that weren't selling, that's about all I've ever managed to collect.

On the subject of accuracy of Narrow Gauge Nostalgia, I figured it probably landed well short of today's knowledge (I was aware that there's been some confusion and incorrect information on how many locomotives even ever ran on the Bodie and Benton), but on the scale of accurate-to-Lucius Beebe (I thoroughly enjoy his books, but I expect facts to be as flexible as a rubber ruler in them), I thought it would be at least somewhat removed from the Lucius Beebe end of the scale.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find a chapter on the lumber company that operated near Running Springs, near my home town of Big Bear Lake. The only other information I'd ever seen about the line was actually a newspaper article written by a local historian many years ago.
Subject Author Posted

Eureka and Palisade Tonnage Paperwork Attachments

Grant Houston May 21, 2022 12:15PM

Re: Eureka and Palisade Tonnage Paperwork

Rader Sidetrack May 21, 2022 03:24PM

Re: Eureka and Palisade Tonnage Paperwork

Randy Hees May 21, 2022 04:27PM

Re: Pleasant Surprise Paperwork Attachments

tgbcvr May 22, 2022 05:03AM

Re: Pleasant Surprise Paperwork

Grant Houston May 25, 2022 08:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login