Olaf Rasmussen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The best way to piece the dates of freight
> operations together on the Alamosa - Durango line
> is with the Chama engine dispatch log. Since at
> the moment my computer won't talk to my scanner, I
> will just have to mail some hard copy sheets to
> you.

I wish there was some sort of master list documenting trains on the NG from say 1950-1968. What I mean is a record of known dates and trains with engine numbers, etc by photos and movies, and data sheets from the railroad. I know you have some sheets of some of the years, and its based on your actual shots, or dates from others like Ernie, or from RR documentation. It would be cool to see this merged into some sort of log for future use by others. Same for passenger extras. I know the one train we have on this excursion portion is not well known as it was a charter from a group in California, and thus the train was short. Sept 21-23rd.(1965) I bet there are not many photos of this train aside from those who rode it. If one photo or film clip shows a train on a specific day they one then knows the engine and direction and so forth about the train operations on that day. I know Jimmy Blouch used to have access(Not now with cover) to some of the dispatcher sheets, which provides much of what I am referring to. It would just be neat to have documentation through photos and film as well.

Greg
Subject Author Posted

Looking for freight dates!

Greg Scholl January 29, 2021 08:32AM

Re: Looking for freight dates!

Olaf Rasmussen January 29, 2021 10:07AM

Greg Scholl January 29, 2021 11:54AM

Greg Scholl January 29, 2021 11:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login