Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thanksgiving

November 24, 2020 08:04AM avatar
I’ll give a go on this.

The year started off fantastic, being able to attend the C&TS Rotary event. I got to see some old friends, meet some new ones, and talk “shop” all weekend long. What a great time. I still go back through my video and pictures and relive that weekend.

Yes....the pandemic hit shortly afterwords...but that just meant that trips would be a little closer to home. Did some rail fanning up at Tie Siding a couple of times and some places around Fort Collins. Just tried to “be” in the moment instead of getting the perfect shot. This also gave me some quality time with my brothers.

Fast forward to later summer...and the RGS 20 unveiling. Another great event to see friends from all over and to meet a few new ones. And to see RGS 20 run, in all of her splendor, was simply amazing!!!

Then starts the Cameron Peak fire...in the area where we had spent a lot of our pandemic time, at our cabin and then driving up to the pass to hike. Sadly, we lost all of our hiking trails for now...but we still have our cabin because of the heroic action of the fire fighters. So....some sad things...but certainly things that can be rejoiced.

Through all of this my family and friends have stayed healthy and have not had any issues other than running out of toilet paper smiling smiley. And for that I am very thankful.

As we push through this time I reflect the joys I have (and the NGDF is one of them) and I keep a happy outlook moving forward...looking to the time we can all get back together to enjoy the friendships we have forged.

Craig
Somewhere up in NoCo
Subject Author Posted

Thanksgiving

guymonmd November 23, 2020 11:42AM

Jimr260 November 23, 2020 03:37PM

Re: Thanksgiving Attachments

Olaf Rasmussen November 23, 2020 04:18PM

spieser November 23, 2020 05:15PM

Samart November 24, 2020 08:04AM

Chris Webster November 24, 2020 02:39PM

pd3463 November 24, 2020 06:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login