Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&TSRR = Windy Point From The Air.

October 06, 2020 09:31AM
Roger Hogan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To The Video:

> A nine car train arriving at Cumbres Pass.

I've enjoyed watching you grow gradually more and more ambitious with your drone-based photography over the past couple years as you gain experience operating the machine. The artist side of you must relish the opportunities it provides in terms of creating genuinely new photography as opposed to ground-based work which has mostly been done before (multiple times, usually) due to the highly-photographed nature of the C&TS and to a slightly lesser degree the Loop. When I used to fly R/C airplanes there was always a realtime mental trade-off going on of "Can I do this without wrecking the thing?" Greater experience increased the leeway of what could be done. Gusty weather was always the greatest enemy.

The next step in technological development will be somehow finding a solution to the problem of motor and propeller noise so as to allow the use of natural audio. I don't necessarily love the music but I understand why it's there (who wants to post a silent video?) and I much prefer its straightforward honesty over the phony fake dubbed audio that would've been the norm in similar videos thirty or forty years ago.
Subject Author Posted

C&TSRR = Windy Point From The Air. Attachments

Roger Hogan October 06, 2020 05:37AM

Tom Peterman October 06, 2020 08:20AM

Roger Hogan October 06, 2020 11:37AM

James October 06, 2020 09:31AM

Roger Hogan October 06, 2020 04:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login