Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sandy River Park *LINK* *PIC*

o. anderson
April 06, 2004 11:50AM
Ted,
Perhaps your browser needs to be refreshed, but I see quite a few changes up until mid Feb this year. One big investment they made was reroofing the estate they own - the former railroad president's place a bit south of their current track.
They could not raise the funds or figure logistics to save the Kingfield station, which was an unfortunate story. There is some agreeability on future ownership of the facilities in Phillips, but the issues with a purchase have not been resolved, or funded, yet.
They are looking for 1 hp to 5 hp motors and a flatbelt splicer, presumably for the machine shop, as well as more 55 lb to 60 lb rail and rail switches (ideally #9 frogs - 50, 55, or 60 lb with matching points - 5 inch spread / 10 ft long).
The only mailer I received this year from the group noted that in order for progress to be made, additional donations are really needed at this time. Museum president Bill Berry is quite amicable, you can email him questions directly. Their membership fees are not exhorbitant, I recommend joining to anyone with an interest in the two footers.
Subject Author Posted

Sandy River Park

Ted Miles April 04, 2004 05:50PM

Re: Sandy River Park *LINK* *PIC*

o. anderson April 06, 2004 11:50AM

Re: Sandy River Park

Ted Miles April 06, 2004 12:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.