February 13, 2004 11:57AM
This keeps coming up on several boards. Who is this guy, has anyone actually seen this proposal?
Or is this another imaginary proposal? Where was he when the RFP process was being done?
Posted on the Lily.
Posted By: Bob <slsf1012000@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 13 February 2004, at 10:12 a.m.
Why has the C&TS RR Commission again leased the C&TS to the "Friends of the C&TS"? The "Friends" are bankrupt and have no master plan to run the railroad other than year to year. In December, I submit a plan to operate the railroad for a five year period. (Unbeknownst to me-the Commission had already entered into an "under-the-table agreement with the "Friends"). The Friends lost, over the past season, $340,000! How? Incompetent management. Since 2000, the Friends have lost over 75% of the customers, and have done very little maintaince. They were down to ONE engine for most of last year! How did they manage that? I submitted a plan to manage the railroad-for zero profit to me-and in exchange, I would have furnished $31 Million in cash, cash grants, equipment, (Rail, ties, track maintaince equipment, etc), and professional rail managers. And all the Commission had to do is come up with $14 Million over the Five year period. I simply do not know why I was turned down, when the railroad is struggling just to exist. And, most importantly, I had a professional tour group ready to step in and provide advertising, ticketing, and promotions. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind the Commissions actions?
Inquiring minds want to know? Or is this all in someones mind?
El Sub Commandante Rojo
Subject Author Posted

What is this?

El Sub Commandante Rojo February 13, 2004 11:57AM

Re: What is this?

El Uncola February 13, 2004 02:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.