Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Cinders & Smoke; Doris is alive oris is

January 19, 2004 04:22PM
Greetings to all my friends in Narrow Gauge Country:
One of my railroading friends called me last evening to tell me of the recent postings about my Cinders & Smoke and me. Wow. Well, guess it is time for me to speak up. I got busy and wrote a two page summary of the events surrounding the demise of C&S being sold on the D&SNG. If any of you readers were like a copy, please e mail me at wgltd@indra.com and I'll send it along.
Yes, Cinders & Smoke is still available in a few stores in Durango and Silverton, at the Colo. RR. Museum, through Amazon.com and other dealers in the Denver area. It can also be ordered from Western Guideways, P.O. Box 343, Hugo, CO 80821. There is a part of me still hopes some sort of a working agreement may be reached so my book will again be available to riders on The Silverton.
I AM alive and still kicking, even tho I have a gimpy leg and have to walk with a cane. My brain still seems to be functioning. Last summer my latest book, Rails Thru the Gorge, a Mile by Mile Guide® for the Cañon City and Royal Gorge Railroad was published. While no longer a narrow gauge route, there is plenty of narrow gauge history on the building of this fabulous line! Reviews and sales have been great.
Thanks for all your comments and support. Yes, my railroad books have all been labors of love.
Doris
Subject Author Posted

Doris Osterwald January 19, 2004 04:22PM

Momma Doris

roger hogan January 19, 2004 05:09PM

Mike Trent January 19, 2004 07:32PM

Charlie Mutschler January 19, 2004 07:53PM

Mark Valerius January 20, 2004 08:02AM

William January 20, 2004 11:35AM

Woody Woodward January 20, 2004 02:24PM

Josh McNeal January 20, 2004 04:36PM

Dave Schranck January 21, 2004 10:19AM

Don't let Doris' C&S be forgotten....

Mark Valerius January 22, 2004 07:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.