Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Drawing Scanning Tips?

May 31, 2019 02:24PM
Mr. Day,

I see, very interesting. I need them to be as high resolution as possible in my case: and because scanning on glass is really not meant for more than one 'larger' page at a time I will always get stretching and fuzziness on the side with the binding of the magazine. The only way I see around it is pulling the staples out and just scanning the page without the rest of the magazine bound to it to mitigate that, or cutting the two pages apart so they can be scanned on the glass scanner individually and at the greatest resolution and quality I can muster from the scanner itself. then of course, putting them together in photoshop.

not too keen to destroy the magazine issue, but if it must be done, it must be done I suppose. I'd also agree that much of this editing and scanning is not extremely difficult, just requires patience and diligence, and of course practice.

Personally do you prefer to scan as a .pdf or a .jpeg? From past experience I have found .pdf is much better for doing scans in B&W, such as drawings or text, as well as using 8bit color or such to boot, makes editing easier to not have a who load of colors, but im sure you would want that if you are scanning original drawings or documents to preserve the 'old feel' of them in a publication.

-Peyton Smith
Subject Author Posted

Drawing Scanning Tips?

Peyton Smith May 31, 2019 01:04PM

Jerry474 May 31, 2019 02:09PM

Peyton Smith May 31, 2019 02:24PM

Re: Drawing Scanning Tips? Attachments

Jerry474 May 31, 2019 02:36PM

Dennis Tebo May 31, 2019 02:14PM

Brian Norden May 31, 2019 03:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login