Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG Colorado Midland Car Moved

May 05, 2019 03:11AM avatar
This actually is not a bad thing. There are a great many people in Nevada that have a love of history and go to great lengths to preserve it on a daily basis and some of the most unique and full not to mention best cared for private collections I have ever seen are out there. This will just be another stop in the cars life. Not to mention the fact that most of these individual have given lions shares of their collections to help start new museums all across the country and most of them have fully thought out and planned deaccession plans with attached financial trusts to insure their continued existence at their new homes. This is in addition to the fact that most individuals with such collections are willing to part with what they consider non-cornerstone pieces for a fair price to any museum or non-profit that can provide the same or better level of car and reliance to their organization. Nevada has always done stuff a little different for better or worse than the rest of the country and the way they treat their history along with that of the rest of the country let alone the worlds is nothing less that awe inspiring and with nothing but reverence with few exceptions (no one gets it right 100% of the time). This is the only place where I have ever seen working Worlds Fair Cagney, a Gemini capsule and, an authentic 16th or 17th century (I forgot which) Venetian Gondola all restored to better conditions that most small museums can and was done in a suburban house with countless other artifacts. So in short no this most definitely is not the end of the line for the car barring Acts of God or shipping and if one is truly concerned and has a home in mind and can meet the above requirements send him an email, letter or, call with an offer for purchase or trade. But considering the condition and treatment of the CM equipment in Colorado vs this cars condition I am inclined to say that this is its best home for the time being especially when considering it is not changing ownership just being moved to their home for the time being.
Subject Author Posted

NNG Colorado Midland Car Moved

CVR220 May 02, 2019 10:26AM

Will Gant May 02, 2019 10:53AM

Zach_Jones May 02, 2019 11:34AM

guymonmd May 02, 2019 11:52AM

Will Gant May 02, 2019 12:01PM

Dave Peterson May 02, 2019 12:04PM

WilliamDiehl May 02, 2019 10:31PM

Will Gant May 02, 2019 11:46PM

Daniel Huppenthal May 05, 2019 03:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login