Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Happy Easter Steam, narrow gauge

April 21, 2019 08:57AM
I never did any of the NG in Germany cause I was too into the SG really! I just finished a video that has a little NG in Austria, (Gmund-Gross Gerungs), and that was only a couple of hours after doing Linz-Summerau.
Speaking of church bells, when we did the two steam engines racing in Lauda in 1974, you first heard the 7 am church bells in the town, then shortly after the exhaust sounds of steam starting about a quarter mile away, just out of sight around a distant curve. Then one smoke plume emerges around the curve, followed by another, and the two passenger trains raced toward us. It was quite a spectacle, the likes of which I never saw in regular service before that! We actually shot this 2-3 mornings, left the area, and returned later for 2 more days. Usually it was two class 23 2-6-2's, but one morning there was a 2-10-0. I saved all the photos at too large of a size for this board. I have been posting some on Train Orders from time to time including the "Racers". You have to subscribe(Pay) to see the images bigger than thumbnails.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

Happy Easter Steam (NNG) Attachments

Greg Scholl April 20, 2019 10:46AM

Re: Happy Easter Steam, narrow gauge Attachments

Olaf Rasmussen April 20, 2019 11:12PM

Re: Happy Easter Steam, narrow gauge

Greg Scholl April 21, 2019 08:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login