Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SEVERAL Years Ago Today - TWO Trolls at Toltec Tunnel #2 . . . eye rolling smiley

May 25, 2017 09:10PM avatar
John West Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Russo, you need to read the fine print, these are
> images from that past SEVERAL years. That fine
> gemütlichkeit kind of trip was seven long years
> ago . . . Would be nice to do again.

But . . .   but . . .  John -

As a nit-picky former math teacher, my definitions of indefinite quantities include:  a couple = 2; a few = 3, 4 or 5; a handful = 4, 5 or 6 - maybe even 7;  several = 6, 7 or 8 - maybe even 9;  (of course ten = 10 and a dozen = 12);  lots = anywhere from several to a few dozen; etc., etc. To illustrate two of the above definitions, here's a photo of two (2, count 'em, 2) curmudgeonly trolls near the west portal of Toltec Tunnel number Two, several seven years ago today:
The-Troll-and-I.jpg

Thank You for re-posting that fine photograph of #489 commemorating - NOT re-creating for a Phraud-O-Graph™ - her Season (or two) in Green, which we presume to be at least the late spring, summer, and early fall of 1950 unless for some odd reason she was repainted with a black jacket immediately after the Rocky Club charter of May 21, 1950.  I was standing just a few feet to your left on 05/25/10, and a bit higher up on the hillside.  Your photo is unquestionably sharper, but mine shows more of #489's beautiful Moffat Green jacket:
100525-414.jpg

And I do agree with your statement that the C&TS just keeps getting better and better.  Both the Railroad itself and The Friends keep getting more and more historic equipment restored to operating condition, and the management is increasingly flexible and supportive of ever more creative special charters.  (If the general manager seven years ago today had been as flexible as Mr. Bush, and not insisted upon an earlier departure time than what had been arranged with the Charter Coordinator, we would have arrived at m.p. 217 more than an hour later and might have - as planned - seen the nearly full moon rising above our train shortly before sunset – that is, if the moon weren't hidden behind the clouds floating above the lead stockcar in the photo below):
429-MP-317.jpg

- El Abuelo Loco, Greengo y Curmudgeoño de los Locomoturas Viejos y Verdes,
aka Der DünkelOlivGrünDampfKesselMantelLiebHabender Grossväterchen

p.s. Thank you, Willie, for re-posting Brain Jansky's fine foto of #489 at the site of the trestle that once stood at the southern edge of the village that - according to the docent on the westbound train on May 24, 2010 - once surrounded the depot near the grade crossing there . . .     eye popping smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2017 04:20PM by Russo Loco.
Subject Author Posted

Grande Recreations

John West May 22, 2017 01:09PM

Re: Grande Recreations

Scott Turner May 22, 2017 04:13PM

Wayne Laepple May 22, 2017 05:20PM

DAN58590 May 22, 2017 05:31PM

Russo Loco May 22, 2017 05:48PM

Re: Grande Recreations Attachments

Johnson Barr May 22, 2017 06:15PM

Several years, Russo Attachments

John West May 22, 2017 06:26PM

Re: SEVERAL Years Ago Today - TWO Trolls at Toltec Tunnel #2 . . . eye rolling smiley Attachments

Russo Loco May 25, 2017 09:10PM

Mike May 22, 2017 07:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login